What You Can Expect to Learn At Advanced CSM Class
Focus On Improving Facilitation
Facilitation is a skill that takes constant practice to master. In this course, participants will gain new tools and practice different techniques that will prepare ScrumMasters for tasks before, during, and post Scrum event. Students will also learn the importance of following-up–an art for making Scrum events truly actionable and helpful.
Servant Leadership At All Levels
Servant Leadership is key to the role and it manifests differently depending on who the ScrumMaster is working with.
- ScrumMaster – Product Owner – It is important for ScrumMasters and Product Owners to work together. This module focuses on how ScrumMasters can help Product Owners stay true, and accomplish, product vision
- ScrumMaster – Development Team – In this module, participants will explore what a Servant Leader should do to nurture a high-performing team. Activities include describing and sharing ideas for improving team performance, self-organization coaching techniques, and learning how to encourage ownership
How To Gain Agile Buy-in
Change is difficult, particularly one as big as the decision to be agile. ScrumMasters should expect others in the organization to question and even challenge the initiative. This module will prepare Agile champions with techniques for getting Agile buy-in, resolving impediments, and different ways to diffuse tension.
Creation And Interpretation of Value Stream Maps
Here, students will learn how to create and interpret value stream maps. They will learn the different forms waste can take and how they manifest in a value stream map.
- Explain activity versus waste
- Define the forms of waste and how they appear in the VSM
- Create a Value Stream Map
Training is just one stage of organizational change or digital transformation. Attendants will learn a proven transformational framework, the Path to Agility®, which covers all stages of organizational change and their role for making the initiative into a permanent part of the way they work. Participants will also get an overview of different techniques that will help them form and execute an Agile scaling strategy like SAFe® and LeSS.
You And The ScrumMaster Role
This section assesses the participant’s affinity for the ScrumMaster role. It will help participants evaluate their personal fulfillment of Scrum values, their fundamental driving factors, and will teach them goals of an effective servant leader.
Advanced ScrumMaster Workshop Ongoing Learning
As part of Agile Velocity’s Advanced ScrumMaster offering, alumni will have the option of joining a cohort of other SMs that will meet on a monthly basis for a total of 6 sessions. During these monthly sessions, they will share how they put their learnings to practice and work with our trainers and coaches to resolve current issues and solidify the mindset of continuous improvement.