SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management
The Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) course is a two-day workshop for senior leaders and other key stakeholders to gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the LPM functions of strategy and investment funding, Agile portfolio operations, and Lean governance. The course will help you to align strategy with execution in order to create a culture of innovation, flexibility, and speed.
Attendees will also learn how to take a Lean Startup approach to bring a minimal viable product to market by applying a customer-focused, scientific build-measure-learn cycle of continuous innovation that will help them to decide whether to persevere or pivot. After attending the class, attendees will have the opportunity to take and pass the course exam to become a Certified SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager.
LPM Learning Outcomes
- Understand how the portfolio and Agile Release Trains (ARTs) collaborate to analyze innovation initiatives and evaluate their potential business impact
- Shift from a project focus to a product focus that maximizes life-cycle profitability, value delivery, outcomes, and customer value
- Experience building a Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) roadmap that shows high-level milestones, identifies what LPM constructs are missing from your current state, illustrates potential challenges and risks, and establishes an action plan of where to go from here
- Learn how to create and communicate a vision for your portfolio and strategic themes to decentralize decision-making and accelerate value delivery
- Articulate the importance of Lean Portfolio Management in helping your organization improve performance—and ultimately, achieve better business outcomes
- Create alignment and transparency between leadership and the people who develop and maintain portfolio products and services that support the evolving business strategy
Who is the LPM workshop for
This course is designed for leaders and stakeholders responsible for the Portfolio or Program Management function.
Past attendees \ include
- Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and VPs)
- Portfolio managers
- Enterprise architects
- Product managers and solution managers
- Business owners
- Program office personnel
- SPCs and enterprise Agile coaches
- Release Train Engineers (RTEs)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having a baseline understand of the following will make the training more effective :
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
What do I get with this class?
As part of the workshop, you will receive:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
Attendees who pass the exam will receive Scaled Agile membership for one year, access to the private member area, downloads, and invitations to special events. Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.