Path to Agility Practitioner®
In this one-day, instructor-led remote workshop, you will gain foundational knowledge of the Path to Agility framework, including 9 business outcomes, 30 Agile outcomes, 100+ Agile capabilities, and how it can be used for successful Agile transformation initiatives.
About the Path to Agility Framework
Organizations today are facing massive challenges when it comes to achieving agility. Path to Agility is an outcomes-based transformation framework that helps organizations focus on successfully achieving desired results when undergoing an Agile transformation.
Over 50% of Agile transformations fail to deliver on the benefits of Agile, costing companies millions of dollars, while increasing frustration and churn. The Path to Agility framework is the response to this growing problem.
About this Virtual Workshop
This is a web-based, instructor-led workshop. Agile Velocity trainers have developed a virtual experience, accommodating learners who either work-from-home or are part of a distributed team/organization, that provides effective learning and practical, hands-on activities. For optimal user experience, it is suggested that participants have a dual-monitor setup and the ability to enable video.
Who is this Workshop For?
This workshop is for people who are leading change as part of an Agile transformation initiative within their organization (e.g. Leaders, Scrum Masters, team coaches, internal coaches, members of an internal Agile transformation team, change agents, etc.).
This is not an introductory course on Agile concepts, Agile frameworks, or Agile Scaling frameworks. Because of the advanced content in the Certified Path to Agility Practitioner workshop, participants should have some experience and/or training on foundational Agile concepts such as the Agile Manifesto, Agile Values and Principles, and implementation frameworks applicable to their organization (Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, etc,).
While it is not required to have any specific certifications, such as CSM, CSPO, or PSM I, attending a foundational course and having some experience implementing Agile would be very beneficial for attendees to understand and apply the concepts as a Certified Path to Agility Practitioner.
What do I get?
Attendees who complete this workshop will receive:
- Certification as a Practitioner and license to use Path to Agility
- Path to Agility Card Deck (Retails at $400)
- Path to Agility Playbook
- Path to Agility Practitioner Community Access
- Authorized to purchase additional Path to Agility Card Decks
Can I just buy the Path to Agility deck of cards without the class?
Agile transformations are inherently complex change initiatives. Our goal is to ensure that you are enabled with not only the tools (e.g. the Path to Agility card deck), but also how to use the tools to enable you to have greater success in your transformation. Practitioner training and support are critical to effectively deploying Path to Agility. As we say, “Like Scrum, Path to Agility is easy to understand, but hard to master.”
Key Learning Outcomes
- Identify common challenges with Agile transformations and how the Path to Agility framework addresses these challenges
- Explain the advantages of an outcomes based transformation approach
- Explain the structure and benefits of the Path to Agility framework
- Use Path to Agility to create a transformation backlog
- Apply Path to Agility to guide teams and organizations to be more predictable and reducing cycle time through common adoption patterns
Workshop Outline (subject to change)
- Agile transformation challenges and characteristics
- Top 10 reasons for Agile transformation failure
- How Path to Agility framework addresses common failures
- Introduction to John Kotter’s 8-Step Process for Leading Change
- Core challenges with change
- Change leadership vs change management
- Path to Agility Framework introduction
- How all the elements of Path to Agility (Stages, Levels, Outcomes, and Capabilities) relate to each other
- Hands-on activities using the framework
- Transformation roadmaps and backlogs
Five Stages of the Path to Agility Framework
- The goals of each stage (Align, Learn, Predict, Adapt, Accelerate)
- The degree of “completeness” required for each stage
- How each stage relates to introducing change
Three Levels of the Path to Agility Framework
- Why Agile transformations require more than just enablement of individual teams or departments
- Definitions for each of the three levels (Team, System, Organization)
- How each of the levels work together to enable sustainable change
- Understanding of which levels are related to your organization
Nine Business Outcomes of the Path to Agility Framework
- Why Business Outcomes should drive Agile transformations
- Definitions for each of the Path to Agility Business Outcomes
- Relationship of Path to Agility Business Outcomes
- Understanding of which Path to Agility Business Outcomes may work best for your organization’s context
30+ Agile Outcomes of the Path to Agility Framework
- Awareness of the 30+ Agile Outcomes
- How Agile Outcomes are related to Business Outcomes
- Understanding how Agile Outcomes fit in each stage and level
- How Agile Outcomes are related in the Path to Agility framework
100+ Agile Capabilities of the Path to Agility Framework
- Awareness of the 100+ Agile Capabilities
- Understanding how Agile Capabilities enable Agile Outcomes
- How Agile Capabilities inform a Transformation Backlog
Options for this workshop
If you would like to register multiple participants, or have a large group of people at your organization you would like to have participate in this training, we can offer a private workshop option. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.