Path to Agile Leadership for Teams (CAL-T)
Effectively leading teams is more challenging today than ever before. This workshop is designed to help leaders learn how to leverage and improve upon their unique strengths in order to better serve their teams and, ultimately, the organization as a whole. We will explore the importance of culture and ways to influence behaviors and create the conditions for your teams to strive for high performance. We will learn about the many facets of leadership, including the importance of mentoring and coaching, to better deal with the challenges faced along the path to agility for your organization.
This workshop runs over the course of two half-days. By completing this virtual leadership workshop, participants will be recognized with a Certified Agile Leadership® for Teams (CAL-T) certification from the Scrum Alliance. It is worth 8 SEU’s (Scrum Education Units) and/or PDUs.
What Makes Path to Agile Team Leadership Different From Other Executive Training?
Path to Agile Leadership for Teams is not your typical virtual lecture-based training session. It is a collaborative and interactive workshop, filled with real-time exercises focused on helping leaders build the foundational skills needed to be a more effective leader in turbulent times.
Path to Agile Team Leadership (CAL-T) Learning Outcomes Include:
- Exploring the challenges that traditional team leaders are facing in today’s volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world, and why a new leadership approach is needed to guide teams towards better outcomes.
- Learning how organizational culture and values, as well as leaders’ behaviors can influence and strengthen the way a team operates and organizes work.
- Understanding the characteristics of a high-performing team and how those characteristics relate to an agile mindset.
- Learning factors that increase the level of employee engagement and how that relates to team performance, as well as concept of servant leadership and key practices that can influence and enable teams.
- Embracing ways a leader can help members of their team grow professionally and how to help teams overcome challenges and barriers to high performance.
- Applying appropriate team metrics to measure alignment with an agile mindset and how they impact behaviors and results across teams.
- Understanding the relationship between coaching and influencing vs. consulting and advising
- Learning coaching competencies and how they can be used to help a team grow, including team coaching techniques and how they would help a team’s journey to high performance.
How Our Virtual Workshops Work
At Agile Velocity, we use a few different platforms for our virtual training workshops.
For audio/video connections, we utilize Zoom. Your pre-event email will provide you with the Zoom meeting ID.
For collaboration, we use Miro. If you’d like to a quick overview of this tool: Miro “101” – Getting Started
How to Receive Your Certified Agile Leadership® for Teams (CAL-T) Certification From Scrum Alliance
- Register for Path to Agile Team Leadership: CAL – T
- Participate, dive deep into the material and conversations
- The instructor will submit your name to Scrum Alliance
- Receive your credential
Path to Agile Team Leadership Corporate Training
Agile leadership is key to the success of transforming to working with agility and focusing on value delivery. Organizations contemplating or are in the middle of an Agile transformation can benefit from executive training like the Path to Agile Team Leadership workshop. In addition to the public (open to the general public), we can offer this class in a private setting.
A private class allows for a more tailored discussion around your leadership teams’ challenges. Corporate training classes consist of 10+ individuals. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Meet the Instructors
Steve Martin has over 25 years’ experience, with the last decade focused specifically on helping organizations make the transition to Scrum and Agile ways of working. Steve has worked in a wide range of industries including Healthcare IT, Finance, Insurance, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Publishing, and Communications. Steve is an avid distance cyclist and can often be found at your local bakery. He is known for his highly interactive, thought-provoking workshops and conference presentations.
Expertise: Leadership, Software/Technology Solutions,
Certifications: CST, CAL-Educator, PMI-ACP, PMP, Path to Agility Facilitator
Richard Dolman is a pragmatic Enterprise Agility Coach and Trainer who has been practicing Agile and Lean since 2001. As a Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) he works at all levels of an organization to help them learn and improve. He is passionate about helping companies and teams to solve critical business and technology challenges, as well as empowering and enabling collaborative, high-performing teams. His goal is to help people and organizations unlock their hidden potential.
Expertise: Leadership, IT/Software, Business Operations, Multi-Industry
Years of Experience: 30+
Certifications: CEC, CAL-Educator, SPC5, ICP-ACC, Path to Agility Facilitator