Who should go to Leading SAFe®
- Leadership roles such as executive, director, manager, lead developers
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Product managers
- Portfolio managers
- Enterprise, System, and Team Architects
- Experience in Scrum or software development, testing, business analysis, or product/project management
- Scrum experience
Leading SAFe® Learning Outcomes
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development
- Execute and support Agile Release Trains (ART)
- Coordinate large value streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile portfolio
- Align the organization to one process model
- Align the framework to their organization’s specific needs and context
- Nurture and motivate all knowledge workers in addition to development team
- Support and scale an Agile transformation across the entire enterprise
SAFe® vs. LeSS vs. SoS – Which is best?
Choosing a scaling framework is not a popularity contest. Whether it’s starting with Scrum of Scrums (SoS) or lightweight Nexus, the more involved LeSS, or the more comprehensive and popular SAFe®, it is about what is best for your teams and organization. It is also important to note that organizations do not have to adopt the ENTIRE framework all at once. Adopting every single piece of a scaling framework without taking the time to really understand their purpose could lead to over-engineering and unnecessary complexity. Some items to think about when considering scaling Agile include:
- What does “scaling Agile” really mean to your organization?
- What do you hope to achieve with the scaling framework?
- Does your organization require a rigid framework or a more flexible approach?
- Is communication between teams a priority?
- How disciplined are your teams from a quality perspective?
- Do you need to address scalability across both business and IT?
Leading SAFe Certification
Participants who take the Leading SAFe class and pass the exam will receive the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification.
Leading SAFe® Logistics
Location: Agile Velocity
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- SAFe® Agilist certification PDF
- One year certified membership as a SAFe® Agilist
- SAFe® Agilist branding kit with the SSM certification mark
- SAFe® Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Why Agile Velocity Leading SAFe®
One of our core values is Fun. We tackle the learning outcomes with gusto and an eye for how we can make newly learned skills and responsibilities stick using interactive hands-on activities.
About Our Leading SAFe® Instructors
Mike is a Senior Agile Coach/Trainer with 16 years of Agile transformation experience and holds eight Agile certifications (SPC4, SA, SSM, CSP-PO, CSP-SM, CSM, CSPO, and PSM-I). His specialty is in scaling Agile and enterprise transformation. Mike’s background is in software development and leading technology teams. He is also the holder of ten patents issued by the US Patent Office, in areas such as pattern recognition, intelligence engines, and predictive systems.
Certifications: SPC4, SA, SSM, CSP-SM, CSP-PO, CSPO, CSM, PSM1