Certified Scrum Product Owner Workshop
The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training workshop benefits anyone whose role it is to create the product vision and then work with a team to execute. In organizations still using traditional development, this role could fall to product managers, business analysts, and project managers. At the end of the Scrum Alliance CSPO 2-day workshop, participants are able to work the entire Agile product management process, from vision to deployment, using Agile concepts and processes.
Agile product management is different from traditional project management. There are different processes, meetings, and artifacts, like the product and sprint backlog. Agile is also a different way of thinking. Instead of completing the entirety of a project before a single launch, Agile is about finishing a minimum viable product and getting user feedback to improve subsequent releases.
Our Certified Product Owner class is worth 16 SEU’s or PDU’s. Visit our FAQ page to learn how to claim SEU’s or PDU’s.
CSPO Learning Outcomes
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, participants will learn:
- The core values and principles behind Agile and empirical-based processes like Scrum
- How Agile product development compares to traditional waterfall development
- The elements of the Scrum framework and how the Product Owner fits into the framework and ceremonies
- Responsibilities and authority of the Scrum roles and their impact on traditional roles
- How the PO collaborates with other Scrum roles and stakeholders (such as customers, users, sales, marketing, and management)
- How to write user stories with clear acceptance criteria and learn story-splitting strategies
- How to estimate and manage releases through risk-based forecasting and tracking
- What skills are required and how to identify a good PO
- Methods to facilitate prioritization session with stakeholders
- How to facilitate requirements-discovery sessions with stakeholders, including User Story Mapping
- How to properly manage a product backlog and facilitate backlog-refinement sessions
- How product vision and user personas can lead to a smoother project and better customer value