(Re)Discovering Business Agility in a VUCA World – Video & Summary
We’re living in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) world. The global pandemic has accelerated the need for agility, making alignment on what agility means for an organization critical. By understanding what your organization values in today’s hyper-turbulent world, you will be able to prioritize the activities and tasks needed to better achieve your business’ objectives.
- Understand what it means to live in a VUCA world
- Gain clarity on what agility means by comparing various models of business agility
- Identify factors that will increase your organization’s agility
This video is a recording of an interactive session at Agile Austin’s Monthly meeting, facilitated by Steve Martin and Kerri Sutey. The majority of interactive exercises have been removed from the video to respect attendees’ privacy. View the full slide deck from our talk, (Re)Discovering Agility.
- Learning outcomes 1:08
- Setting context in a VUCA world 2:20
- Audience Poll: Rank business agility challenges from most impactful to least 3:28
- Audience Poll: In or a word or two describe agility 8:27
- Business agility definitions 10:40
- Business agility models 12:08
- 10 Domains of Business Agility created by the Business Agility Institute 12:36
- 7 Core Competencies of Business Agility created by Scaled Agile Framework in SAFe 5.0 17:51
- 5 Components of Business Agility derived from a study by McKinsey & Scrum.Org 19:54
- Commonalities actress the models 23:38
To learn more about improving your organization’s agility, register for a free 1-hour webinar on the Path to Agility® transformation framework, An Outcomes-Driven Approach To Business Agility.