Tech Debt Game
By Agile Velocity | May 12, 2015 | Agile Technical Practices, Agile Tools, Article, Technical Practices
David Croley, Agile Player-Coach, presented Tech Debt – Understanding its Sources and Impacts Through a Game at the Keep Austin Agile conference.
Definition of Technical Debt:
- A useful metaphor similar to financial debt
- “Interest” is incurred in the form of costlier development effort
- Can be paid down through refactoring the implementation
- Unlike monetary debt, it is difficult to quantify
Impact of Tech Debt
- Long delivery times
- Poor customer responsiveness
- Mounting defects
- Frustrated and poor performing teams
- Late deliveries
- Rising development costs
Understanding its Sources and Impacts through a Game includes:
- Demonstrate how unresolved Technical Debt impacts a development team’s efficiency,
- Learn sources
- Realize possible solutions
Click here to see the slide deck.
Click here to download the game.
For more information about the Tech Debt game
One Response to “Tech Debt Game”
[…] Tech Debt Game […]